Forum tanks?

Got a comment? Help us improve!
Adam
Site Admin

Re: Forum tanks?

Postby Adam » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:24 pm

Depends... can I get a custom rank of is a goat?
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:48 am

Keep the ranks at intervals of x10 (10, 100, 1000, 10000, etc), and give custom ranks to kickstarter backers, maybe? :D
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:44 am

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:06 am

Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:22 am

laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:46 am

It'd probably make a heck of a lot more sense for just a backer badge rather than backer tier badges - though it'd still be a case of checking who is and isn't a backer, but it'd be a lot less complicated than a tier based solution.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:52 am

I concur that if we were to badge backers it should be a one size fits all. I wouldn't want someone to feel more or less important than another user because they had more disposable income. We're all here on the forums to talk and have a good time, and that's got to count for something.

But yeah, it would still require a way for them to notify me then for me to apply the new badges.

For the whole special backer tier forums, my plan is to create a simple google form that will get their forum username and their backing email address. I can find them from there and apply the permissions. I just need something so super easy that it won't push away or frustrate any user.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 am

laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:33 am

I totally agree - I honestly got lucky to be able to back as much as I did, and normally we wouldn't have been able to and doing so doesn't make me more special than those who backed less, nor me less for backing less than others still.

We're all mazers here, and especially at the moment its the hardcore among us because it hasn't really been advertised yet, we're all super passionate about this game, and that's what counts (not that those who don't know yet are less passionate or awesome, I'm just pointing out that those of us here now are the super hardcore).
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:48 am

After reading their opinions, I can't agree with Serbirus and Laserkid more. The fact I had the disposable income to back Starr Mazer at the level I did was pure luck (and a couple of days of noodles and bread for dinner xD), but just because I managed it doesn't make me more special than anyone else. I'm absolutely behind the "one size fits all" idea when it comes to ranks on the forum. This is supposed to be a community where all Mazer fans can come together as one and share with one another.

As for the google form, I like that idea. Make sure to let us know when it's up, Kaz. :D

Return to “%s” Feedback