SPAM

Got a comment? Help us improve!
Trypetide
Starr Mod

SPAM

Postby Trypetide » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Heya Kazuo.

Can you make it so there is a log in the report system when you report a post AND letting this log stays even after the post being deleted?
I don't know if you have access to more than us (simple mods) in terms of logs about what is done, etc.
If no, then we won't be able to just "delete" post or threads without having to report to you directly each user being a spambot...
I reported a spam post earlier, and by reflex deleted it afterward ("reflex" because on the other websites I'm mod each report stay even after a post/thread/user is deleted).
I "think" it's from , him being the last user registered... but yeah.

Also, Serbirus & others, did you report and let Kazuo delete the posts/threads, and/or did you sent a PM to Kazuo so that he knows who did what ?
If no, then we have still many spambot waiting to unleash the Kraken XD

Ah, also... I reiterate my question: did you place a captcha for registering yet, Kaz ? I think it should help a lot =O (preferably one that imply moving something, not just typing from an image).
Kazuo
Crew member

Re: SPAM

Postby Kazuo » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:09 pm

Hey Trypetide. There is a CAPTCHA and email verification in place right now.

I'm looking into the log system right now. So, if I understand correctly. You have the power to delete posts but not ban users correct? Which is why you're curious if I have a log so I can go through and ban peeps right?
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:44 am

Serbi asked about "what to do" on another thread already, but I found it would be that much of an hassle -if having them reported and logged would leave a mark somewhere- for you to know "who" to kill and do it by yourself.
Now if you prefer giving us the power to "blast" virtual people, I don't mind. The others though should let us know first if they're up to the task or not :|?

But I still stand on having a log to read for posts/threads/users deleted. It helps, even more in case of a mistake XD

Another way to make it safer without changing the rules would be to let us move these posts/threads into a special "TO MODERATE" forum so that we can let you kill them without having to search for the users and all,
BUT ALSO whenever there is a "questionable" thread/post, we can move it there, discuss about it and see what to do.
In short : moving posts/threads, adding to their titles "TO DELETE/TO DISCUSS" and voilà~
I found it pretty interesting too in its own way... Worked on other forums.
It's a good way to manage spam & problematic threads/posts in one shot~

What you say ?
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:00 am

Cool I like this idea a lot. I tested out your permissions and you should be able to move posts or threads to the Mod Bay 1 forum. We'll create a new forum in there for Spam. If it is questionable, we'll chat. If not, I'll destroy them!
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

So instead of killing spam we move it to a bay? That's kind of cool

Return to “%s” Feedback