Question: SMTV After Hours?

All things Starr Mazer TV!
Kazuo
Crew member

Question: SMTV After Hours?

Postby Kazuo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 pm

So, I've been thinking lately about how to potentially build up a larger Twitch audience and it seems playing popular games gets a lot of browsers to check out the stream. I had an idea of SMTV After Hours or something where in addition to the normal broadcast times, I Kazuo would stream a game here and there just to play. No schedule, just whenever. Maybe a game on sale on Steam, maybe something new, anything.

Pros
+ More SMTV
+ More potential viewers to say, "What's Starr Mazer?" and click the website link

Cons
- More "Starr Mazer went live" Twitch emails (Does that bother anybody?)

What do you think? If you got a random email that said Starr Mazer just went live with Mortal Kombat X at 8pm on a Monday night, would you tune in?
Adam
Site Admin

Re: Question: SMTV After Hours?

Postby Adam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:52 am

I would be down! I would even be down for hosting Terraria/Starboung/Minecraft/Risk of Rain/UT/whatever servers so we could all play something together! Especially since Comcast fixed my internet!
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:08 am

You just want to play, don't become cheap like Serbirus =P

Joke aside... Well, why not. I mean, people can (and surely do) manage their mail anyway (I've a Starr Mazer folder, it's saving the planet).
Other than that, well. They is a lot of emulated games that can be played (aka games you can't play without emulator these days).
Plenty of little indie games exist yes, inside and outside steam. That could make them have a little publicity, offer you a chance of free publiticty
in exchange and makes discover new games to viewers.

And of course you can play popular games if you want to get more views "just because". That won't fill all "After hours" shows of course, hence the
paragraph above.

Now, because the "VS" is reserved to multiplayer sessions with the Mazers, why not us only "solo games" in general for this part ?
Did you have views on some titles already ?
It would be cool to have from time to time a session with a game that one of the Imagos crew loves, and others with a title recommended by a Mazer.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:35 pm

GODDANGIT TRYPETIDE! HOW LONG ARE YOU GONNA KEEP THAT GOING!?!

But yeah, I'm totally down for those after hour streams, especially if it could be games the mazers could play too. *cough* Jackbox! *cough* But yeah, I totally approve.

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Cool. So it seems like people might like it.

It will be a mix of popular games, new games, on sale games, indie games, single player games and multiplayer games. Basically, just playing a video game. Streams will probably last 3-4 hours. I'm no streaming pro, that last PnC stream was a bit of an oddity.
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:55 pm

I am SUPER down with this, I love the interactions during SMTV so more SMTV is good
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:10 am

Well, it also matters that if we do After Hours it will only be me as the rest of the team is busy doing other important tasks. My task 24/7 is building the fan base and community and After Hours was an idea to help push that goal forward.

So if you're down with seeing my ugly mug stumble through games then After Hours is for you! :D
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:49 pm

How can we know if you're ugly, you idiot ?!
YOU'RE A (social network) NINJA AFTER ALL !! WE CAN'T REALLY SEE YOU \o/

*I don't see a problem with your hair having a face dlc added to it ;3
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:01 pm

That's right, you missed The Dig. It was 8 hours of my face trying to beat the old Lucas Arts PnC. It will be up soon for your viewing pleasure
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:07 pm

If one day you play Full Throttle, I'll try to be there during all the stream.
One of my childhood game ='3 (The french version wasn't on par with the original, so few dubbers in it, but still funny sometimes. I remember the pervert
on a bike that likes being hit with chains... The voice actor saying something like "Mhhhhhhhhh~ It's so gooooooood..." with a freaking low tone voice... XD)

Return to “%s” Starr Mazer TV