Official Documents SM Crew Promised

Leaks, Artwork, Music, If it's new it's here!
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Re: Official Documents SM Crew Promised

Postby von_ozbourne » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:16 am

Uh.... Spoiler tag maybe? Don might not want to show is more lore if we keep trying to ruin the surprises.

Although I thought that was cool especially for consistency. I thought is was cool how Richard Garriott would essentially make wikis for his games, like Ultima, although this was in the day when the wiki would actually be a six inch thick binder and since there were no html links, everything needed to be rewritten multiple times to fit into each category of reference.

On a related note: I'd be interested in seeing the wiki, maybe after a play-through or three just to get an idea of the world lore, but unlike other wikis, it might be a good idea to lock this one down from user edits.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:29 am

Oh Don't worry Von! Don will always be ahppy to share new Starr Mazer developments with the Mazers! As for the wiki, I'm not sure if it will go public or not in the future. I know Don created a Starr Mazer "bible" that explores the lore of the world extensively but I don't know if that document has been integrated into the wiki yet.
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 am

Hmm... So a suggestion maybe? Actually this might be best for the "Wants" section, but it fits in this context too.
One of my favourite things about old school games is the packaging. Especially back in the day when they had huge manuals with cool backstories and art that expanded on the universe. Obviously this was to aid immersion back when tech constraints made it near impossible to include such things in the game, but even with modern file sizes and technical specs, this is something that new games don't do right anyway.
Obviously printing costs and the younger gamer mentality of "Pfft. Reading?" led to the manual being an endangered species, but a digital manual would be both incredibly awesome, and cost nothing to print!

And yes I know that's what Prima and the graphic novel companies are made for now, but it's just not the same.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:35 pm

Hey Von! We do plan on having a physical version of the game complete with a box and manual! It will definitely be going to backers of the $80+ tiers and we are investigating options for further distribution.

Though this brings up the question, a nice high quality PDF of the manual for non physical box players? That is a great idea. I'll be sure to bring it up to Don!
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:51 pm

So here's a thing. I think I am the only one with access to make changes to the list. Or at least I am the only one doing so.
But If I hadn't gone back to the replay of today's stream to see the merch news I apparently missed, I would have never known about Don's instruction to add a Space Goat to the list.
Now is someone on the Mazer crew or Mazerverse interested in keeping tabs on that too?

Edit: As a note, I've only enabled "Link enables access to comment" because we don't need some troll finding the link in the forum and making a mess of the list.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:28 am

A ha! Gotcha Von! I'll try to keep the list up to date too. Thanks for creating it. We wrongly assumed you were the only one capable of augmenting it. Oh man, so many promises on the list!
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:54 pm

Actually you weren't wrong Kaz, but I did open the permissions just in this type of case where I may have missed something. I'll just go in and make comments into listed items once they are confirmed as legitimate promises.
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:21 am

another suggestion would be to throw new promises here so they can be vetted and then you can put them in.

Return to “%s” New Stuff!