Mazer Maker Preview!

Leaks, Artwork, Music, If it's new it's here!
Kazuo
Crew member

Mazer Maker Preview!

Postby Kazuo » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:47 pm

Auston has been working really hard on a Unity tool to help content creators integrate their material easily called, Mazer Maker! Auston shows off the tool in this SMTV episode! Check it out!

WoodrowShigeru
Newcomer

Re: Mazer Maker Preview!

Postby WoodrowShigeru » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:57 am

I really like the streamlining of the "who does what and who says what to whom based on what condition" interactions, and the visualization of them. Seems like a perfect tool for the complexity Don said you're going for. Content creation (story, at least) should be super quick 'n easy with this, I imagine.
-[ Woodrow ]-
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:02 pm

That's what we're aiming for! Ease of use for the content creators!
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:29 pm

I keep thinking how cool it would be if this gets a public release at some point.

Although oddly, rather than wanting to make my own side quests for Brick and the gang, I keep gravitating to a back story type scenario.
Like, "What happened to Brick on this date 132 years ago?" or "What happened to his squadron mates after Brick was declared MIA?" [although imagine that, a Starr Mazer episode that doesn't include the main protagonist] or perhaps in that vein, an episode where you play as a lowly peon on the "bad guy" side. [Kind of like the story of Yang Kyoungjong, or a man I once met who was a machine gunner in the Austrian army in WWII. The Russians overran his position and gave him the choice of being shot or turning his gun around and firing at the Germans instead. "Russia, 1942, THAT was hunting." His choice should be obvious.]
Stuff like that adds an interesting grey layer to the Good vs Evil story.

Although knowing Don, he probably already has some of that floating around in his universe notes anyway.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:19 pm

That's awesome Von! Don definitely has a lot of the backstory down but I can see space for the smaller stories as you were mentioning.

A full public stand alone release of Mazer Maker is something we definitely have on our list. We're going to flesh it out the best we can for our internal use and if it catches traction we will check into securing resources to make a public version.

Return to “%s” New Stuff!