DSP Announced!

Leaks, Artwork, Music, If it's new it's here!
Kazuo
Crew member

DSP Announced!

Postby Kazuo » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:53 am

A New Starr Mazer game is in the works! DSP will be a prequel that will be coming out early 2016!

Did you miss the announcement on Twitch? I got you covered!

Highlight about the announcement!

Full 12/1 Your Mazer Stream

What do you think Mazers?! Any thoughts and comments? I'll pass them on to the team!
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Re: DSP Announced!

Postby Ezraen » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:55 pm

I'm super excited for this! DSP sounds amazing!

I can't wait until I get to try it!
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Re: DSP Announced!

Postby von_ozbourne » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:49 pm

Oh so many questions and comments... where to start...
Damn that is incredibly cool.

The mashups seem like they could lead to some interesting crafts, with varying degrees of air-worthy-ness, leathal-ness and self-destructive-ness and ranging from ultra modern jet deliverer of doom, to bi-plane taped to rocket, welded to a tank [who needs aerodynamics when there is no air in space]

Kind of like the idea of having names for the pilots [Like how in Rogue Legacy you have a lineage with names and attributes] Perhaps taking the names/bios that the Mazers can submit, or if procedural is the name of the game, perhaps taking random name components drawn from a list and mashing them together for fun.
Such as:
Carlos McLaserkid
Serbirus Fodderman
or
Ezraen von Rex VII of V

What if you had a secret weapon upgrade or a warp booster that was so powerful that some of the more rickety DSP Mk.1 crafts would be torn to shreds if you tried to use it. And in that case, the ship computer would say, voiced by Alex, "I'm sorry..., I'm afraid I can't do that."
Although manualy overriding and blowing yourself to bits might be an interesting consequence that players like Kaz could do for fun.

And to address Dog Pilot....sorry Don.
If you're sucking so much that it's apparent you need help, does Dog Pilot fly in in his green space pod with a green exclamation point on it, asking if you need help while understanding that you may be too proud to accept that help, and making you feel complete humiliation and shame that he had to even fly in at all?

Is Dog Pilot at least being voiced by John Candy?

Q: Why is there no Cat Pilot?
A: Because he heard the mission brief, thought "Wow that sounds incredible stupid and suicidal.", said "Fuck that. You can send the dog." and left to take a nap.

Return to “%s” New Stuff!