Crazy Ideas? What do you want to see in the game?

General chatter about all things Starr Mazer!
Kazuo
Crew member

Crazy Ideas? What do you want to see in the game?

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:41 pm

No promises anything will be making it in but if you have any fun ideas, drop them here!

I personally would love to see some sort of special move from the Street Fighter franchise make it in. Hadouken, shoryuken, anything like that! :)
laserkid
Starr Mod

Re: Crazy Ideas? What do you want to see in the game?

Postby laserkid » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:35 pm

I'm still hoping for a mighty number 9 crossover, but not expecting it. xD

On a more realistic level, I'm really interested in finding ways to deal with situations in unusual ways. Not an armada you need to bypass? Maybe you can sweet talk someone with a decoder signal so you can appear as non hostile with their decoder.

Got a locked door and don't want to spend hours puzzle solving your way through opening it? Blast the door open. It'w where the two genres blend more unusually that has me most hyped.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Man... I couldn't tell you all the amounts of ideas I'd have, it'd be enough to fill a book.

Well, one idea for me would be other playable characters, although it'd change the story, I'd want it strictly for aesthetics. Another idea would be changable clothing, maybe something more formal rather than the whole space suit costume. Maybe fun little games you could find in an arcade somewhere in the Holloway Exeter Station, similar to how Retro City Rampage: DX had little minigames for Super Meat Boy and Bit Trip Runner. That only scratches the surface on ideas I have, but I'll be sure to post more if I feel you guys might be interested.

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:28 pm

"On a more realistic level, I'm really interested in finding ways to deal with situations in unusual ways. Not an armada you need to bypass? Maybe you can sweet talk someone with a decoder signal so you can appear as non hostile with their decoder."

Laserkid, this is good. We've actually been discussing a lot internally about how to create multiple ways to solve problems. We really want to avoid the whole "Scare the Snake" issue where a very specific item/order is needed to progress. One idea bouncing around is the sense of "value". Oh you need $30 to get into the club but you don't have that item? In other adventure games your gold ingot, teleportation ray gun and fancy watch don't work. Our idea bouncing around is perhaps these items have a value variable that will work in this puzzle. He might take the ingot or the watch. I do like your idea though about trying to camouflage yourself.

Other playable characters Serbirus? That one goes to scope. It is a great idea though!
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:36 pm

So Kaz, when you said you could shoot anything/anyone (Obviously with some kind of restriction.) I'd like to think the Starr Mazer crew are shootable. Assuming they are, would it be possible to shoot Don or any other crew member in the face when the game releases? :D Also, have you and Don discussed further about the whole "time related" mission in Starr Mazer?

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:41 pm

That is a good question! Will you be able to shoot us? I don't know. If you shoot Auston the game might just outright crash! :)

As for the time mechanic. We have been discussing possible story implications with it and possible scenarios. Nothing concrete yet though.
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:46 pm

If we can shoot staff we totally need to be able to shoot eachother as the crew of the one ship that all the backers names will be in the name of which escapes me.

"Brick, you're under arrest for the murder of Kazuo, Serbirus, laserkid, and clovis15!" :lol:
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 pm

Killing the team? That's a federal offense!
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 pm

As I am a narcicisst (not really), I would like to see me in the game. Oh wait, I'm already in it as a answering machine message. Hm. Then, maybe more of me? :p

But in all seriousness, I'm not entirely sure what to ask for. I will think about it and get back to you guys.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:39 pm

The answering machine message is a big hit! I can't wait to hear all of Brick's crazy voicemails.

Return to “%s” General Discussion