Crazy Ideas? What do you want to see in the game?

General chatter about all things Starr Mazer!
laserkid
Starr Mod

Re: Crazy Ideas? What do you want to see in the game?

Postby laserkid » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:36 pm

That's probably a good call - references can be fun but if it gets too out of hand it really would take you out of the experience.
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:44 am

And that's also WHY I said "inspirational materials".
Not just vulgar copy pasta or else.

Eventually people will find things in the game that will let them remember "something" because that's how brains work.
That doesn't mean it was an homage/cameo in the first place.

Now, I just ticked the idea that "some" good old things aren't that much referenced in the first place, but still as potential as
inspiration for characters or specifics situations. I don't want to have 50% cameo/refs + 50% SM. I want all SM because
Starr Mazer is already a mash-up of so many things in the first place, and in "a good way" =3
I pretty sur if I search HARD, I'll find during my playthroughs a reference or two to "L'INCAL" from Moebius.
EVEN IF IT'S NOT THERE AT ALL \o/

Like Auston said (somehow), be inspired by others, and push the limit from their experiences to create something new & shiny.

I was just tossing ideas~ B)
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:49 am

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:01 am

It's because it's already made from references here and there, intrinsically, that it will still be 100% Starr Mazer =D
Because other games coming after it in the future will have to be called "Starr Mazer-like". That's their fate!
Fuhuhu~
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:07 am

I feel this game's gonna be one of those that totally sky rocket once it's on Steam, and then they can find out that they totally missed out backing this. Then there's gonna be 3 subsequent sequels released which will still get good reviews but not nearly as good as it's classic original. Then a spin off animated TV show for the kids and a R rated movie with George Clooney as Brick, and Jennifer Aniston as Declination Jane, which will ultimately end the series on a sour and bad note with a 2% on Rotten Tomatoes. Then, out of nowhere, 10 years after the movie, they'll release an awesome Starr Mazer legacy game that'll bring back everyone loved about the first game. Then, finally, they can end the entire series by giving the IP to EA, and turn it into a space themed soccer game series with mixed reviews slowly going lower with every new game release.

Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 am

Another crazy idea, one I remember somebody talking about during the stream months ago, was for the start up of Starr Mazer to be like DOS, where you'd have to type in something like MOUNT C C://Starr_Mazer - C:// - STARR.EXE, then it'd boot up. I know many people will probably pull out their hairs trying to get it working, so I wouldn't say have them actually type in commands. But I DO suggest having that classic startup, then eventually it'll load up on it's own. Obviously though, it wouldn't be EVERY time, cause people would lose their patience having the wait through that little bit every time they wanna play Starr Mazer. Maybe it could be a one time thing or happen when you start a new game? :|?

Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 am

Ah ah...
Makes me think of one great little games from ANCIENT (yuzo Koshiro): Mamotte KNIGHT
First thing you saw when starting the game (without the subtitles of course) is a GREAT QTE !

@KAZUO
You need to play this game during an SMTV, it can be played with 4 COUCH PLAYERS !!
It's really short, challenging and fun =3 !!

And as a bonus
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 am

Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:41 am

Ah ah.. pretty cool =3
And yeah it was and still is pretty cheap: 3$ / 240msp

If you want/needs the musics I extracted them directly from my xbla game =3
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:44 am

Thanks for the offer Trypetide! I'm not too big into 8bit chip tunes unfortunately but I like your dedication to record straight from the game!

Return to “%s” General Discussion