Why did YOU back Starr Mazer?

General chatter about all things Starr Mazer!
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Why did YOU back Starr Mazer?

Postby Serbirus » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:09 pm

Hey guys!

I decided to make a thread about how YOU guys found out and backed Starr Mazer! Some people have some really neat ways on how they found certain things, and most of them were for the better. I bet Starr Mazer will be one of those things, and I wanna know how you guys got here!

Me? I probably have the most boring story out of the bunch. I was casually scrolling through my Tumblr, when I noticed one of the people I was following reblogged a post about a video game. It was about a "retro sexy point-and-click SHMUP in space," and the gameplay reminded me of classic LucasArts games like Secret of Monkey Island and Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis. Being a GIGANTIC fan of those types of games, I only found it as a plus that the game doubled as a SHMUP, which is a genre I've been wanting to get into for a long time. So I went on it's Kickstarter page, and was instantly sold! The game looked great, the open middled gameplay idea was genius, and overall the game was being made by one of the nicest people I've ever met! So I backed it, and here we are now! So, tell me the way you figured out about Starr Mazer below, and I hope you have a fantastic day! :D

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Adam
Site Admin

Re: Why did YOU back Starr Mazer?

Postby Adam » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Long story short, I met Don, Vanessa, Kazuo and Zook at a PIGSquad meetup after seeing a bunch of Starr Mazer stickers. Don had the enthusiasm of... Well... Don! Backed out that night. Also, a few friends were listed as guest musicians and I wanted to get them work. :3
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:16 am

von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:16 am

laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:25 pm

My friend Clovis, who is also backer shwoed it to me thinking I'd be hooked, and he was absolutely right. That video was a quick sell for me.
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Adam » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:30 am

Hahaha, that's what I get for using the Swype feature on my phone to type. T_T XD
Auston
Crew member

Postby Auston » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:06 am

I backed it to get that sweet t-shirt. Even though I get to play the game every day, that shirt is exclusive. I had to have one.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:12 am

Huh, you'd think Don would just slip you one while nobody was looking... Either way, I know it was money well spent. ;)

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:13 pm

I remember seeing the "fake" trailer for Starr Mazer and thinking to myself, "Oh wow, I really want this game."

And then I found out about the kickstarter after googling about Starr Mazer for the hundreth time, and I backed the project right away. Slowly upping my pledge over the course of a couple of streams. xD
Adam
Site Admin

Postby Adam » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:46 am

Return to “%s” General Discussion