Why did YOU back Starr Mazer?

General chatter about all things Starr Mazer!
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Re: Why did YOU back Starr Mazer?

Postby Trypetide » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 am

You're joining every words I said since the beginning and even here on these forums about Imagos, the community & the project itself.
We're like a family now Von, checking on each other, exchanging information, fun & pizzas.
And yeah, when the backers of MN°9 are called "mighties" it doesn't sound as frank and honest as being called "mazers" here.

From my point of view, we're a bunch of people getting together, sharing a passion on many things, especially toward Starr Mazer and its crew.
Be it the backers, the crew itself, their friends and guests, the musicians, the coders, everyone wanting to be there...

We're all Mazers =3
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:36 pm

Yeah I definitely feel there's a strong not just community here (and there is) - but that's not what makes it unique, MN9 and many other kickstarted games have communities - whats so special here is that the devs are a PART of that community. When Don, Vanessa, Auston, Kazuo, Maximo, or Alex, or anyone else from Imagos talks to us it feels like its legit and on the level, we're not being talked at, we're having a conversation - I consider Don just as much of a friend as I do everyone else here, and that's because we've had real interactions.

I can't say no matter how much press releases or backer updates I get elsewhere that I feel so a part of what I've backed as I do here.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:10 pm

Aw man, every time I see mazers talking about how awesome and talkative this community is I can't help but smile! :)

The fact that this community is SO up to date and caring for us is one of, if not THE reason I not only trust Starr Mazer and the people working on it, but even the very fact I BACKED it! As far as I know, there is very little devs who would even stay up to date with monthly news on the game, much less weakly streams from the devs talking about the game we all love and want to be great! The very thread that bonds me and Starr Mazer together is basically the community, cause that has made a HUGE impact on me as a person and how I fell on this game! Really, truly, from the bottom of my heart... thank you all so much! <3

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:37 am

Actually it's funny thinking about it. Back to Might Number 9, I am a big Megaman fan and a fan of Keiji Inafune's work so of course I wanted a piece of Mighty Number 9 [seeing as Capcom sucks now], but that community is really more of a mailing list for me. I know they have a forum, I know they call me a "Mightie", but I've never had a conversation or even had a question answered directly by Mr. Inafune. I've voted in the backer surveys... [coincidentally my preference always came in second, so in a way it could be said that it's not going to be the game I entirely wanted?] A member of Comcept never told me directly "That's a great idea". I've never submitted fan art to them and have the original creator tell me that my thing was "really cool". Comcept put out videos, not live streams.

I am "Mightie" No. <I don't remember>. I am "Mazer" von Ozbourne [#3527]

While I am looking forward to playing both games, I definitely am going to have a deeper connection to one over the other.
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:35 am

Ah ah, I was kind of the same about the survey too.

But that's the problem with basic survey, the majority will speak, even if many think it's not the best.

I'm myself not a "fan" of Rockman games, I just acknowledge them as much as other plateformer games I can appreciate.
Even so, I was kind of interested to see what would it be to have that kind of a big community talking together and WITH the devs.
I clearly saw quickly what gone wrong in term of communication, even by Japanese standards. So I bailed out of the forums.

I would hope to have as many fans of Starr Mazer in our forums as MN°9 (maybe a bit less :p), but for that "we" need (Imagos included)
to find solutions and ways that will appeal to the Mazers so that they're finally willing to take a bit of their time and share ideas, critics,
words and their passion with each others, in this tiny little place made just for them: the right generation =P

Joke aside, it's a pretty great place to lurk around, this Starr Mazer planet. It's open to the rest of the world, not just gaming.
It's focused, but welcomes everyone with a big smile. I can't even think of something going wrong community wise with this project XD
(other than the ONE JOB(s) of Kazuo, obviously).

Return to “%s” General Discussion