Why did YOU back Starr Mazer?

General chatter about all things Starr Mazer!
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Re: Why did YOU back Starr Mazer?

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:30 am

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:42 am

Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:49 am

Nah, it's more like the guy wasn't really interested in "Don" and the project, more in "reporting another indie game".
Hence the "demo" question, when there is KICKSTARTER ALL OVER THE PLACE on the stand XD
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:50 am

Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:54 am

correction.
*BLAST him :D
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 am

Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:42 am

I like that, a fictional character based on this interview. They would have to ask the same Why isn't it functional yet type question to Brick about something like the Starr Wolf. :) Then send a press copy to him with a special thanks.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:48 am

Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:55 am

von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Just got a surprising email. Realized the relation and had to share.
The email was from the creator of the successfully Kickstarted documentary about the Protomen. It marks the first update on the project in just over three years! Only the tenth update since the project launch on 4 March. TWENTY ELEVEN. To be honest, I had written off the project as dead and figured my money was gone. Now I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be excited, wary or ambivalent, but it makes me wonder what I'll think of the video, if I'll even bother watching it, or if after all this time, is the expectation so high as to be setting up for a guaranteed disappointment.
The relevant thing here is that the really ironic thing is that the Protomen were the ones that sent me the email about this Kickstarter for this game that they were making some music for. Now despite the negative association of "Protomen" and "Kickstart", I checked it out. And like a high percentage of you, within moments of seeing that 38 second trailer, I was doing mental maths to see what I could afford to pledge [which wasn't as high as I still want to go].
All I can really say is that the initial sell, was masterfully executed despite the strange fact that you guys had such a hard time getting a lot of publicity aimed at the Kickstarter. And the whole process since, the transparency, the endless streams [sometimes literally endless], the community that's been built up around this team and this project. It's fantastic. It's fun. It's inspiring. It has, more than any other project I've ever backed, made me feel that when I play this game, I'm going to be thinking "I helped make this." rather than "I tossed money at some guys and they sold me this." Also thanks for pledging to stick to your target date. [Remembers that I was supposed to be playing Mighty Number 9 by now.]
I realize that this has turned into a long winded, somewhat appreciation post, but what can I say. You guys set a high bar for doing it right. Can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Return to “%s” General Discussion