What do you want in the game? Banished from the game?

General chatter about all things Starr Mazer!
Mabec
Newcomer

Re: What do you want in the game? Banished from the game?

Postby Mabec » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:27 am

Plenty of good ideas from Trypetide and Serbirus.

One thing i dislike in games tho is when they keep making "Chapters", like a tv-show. That kills it for me, feels to directed and less "videogamey".
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:35 am

For me the whole chapter thing depends - there's quite a bit of videogame history having 'chapter" or "part" or "episodes" within a game for graphic adventures as a way of segmenting the story heavy nature of the genre, and I love it for those,. as such it wouldn't bother me to see it in Starr Mazer, but if 'chapters' started showing up in something typically less story driven I might be a bit confused about it.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:42 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Starr Mazer's taking an "episodic adventure" approach, which I have nothing against. Like Laserkid said, it makes it easier to remember certain parts, and segments the game well. Plus, Starr Mazer's a very story heavy game, so splitting them apart is good for something like this.

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:10 pm

So while I was at stupid work today [missing the Tower 57 stream grr] I was reminded of Megaman's spiritual successor, to which I noted that I should be playing the game by now, but for some apparent bugs in multiplayer function, as far as the press release said. At which point I kind of ranted about how I didn't back that game for online multiplayer anyway so what the hell?! Then I mentioned that I liked that Starr Mazer was single player to avoid that crap, and well story + multiplayer doesn't usually work out so hot, and Starr Mazer is definitely story and this is a good thing.
But then I got thinking, well maybe there is an online function that can work multiplayer in if you wanted. This would be if you are in the Catina and you play some arcade games, and the high scores would display a top ten [you] and top ten [global] scores screen. Just kind of a little reminder while you are having your own individual adventure, that the other Mazers are out there enjoying the game too.
[Well maybe ten is too few, maybe like a top 100 global or something]

Return to “%s” General Discussion