TOWER 57 - New Run n' Gun on Kickstarter

All things about the Shoot 'em Up genre! Post your favorite games, high scores,everything!
Trypetide
Starr Mod

TOWER 57 - New Run n' Gun on Kickstarter

Postby Trypetide » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Serbirus
Starr Mod

Re: TOWER 57 - New Run n' Gun on Kickstarter

Postby Serbirus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:26 pm

:O Oh my gosh, I'm in love! It's like Pocky and Rocky meets Wild Guns, SO EPIC! Kinda ironic how a SHMUP and PNC come to Kickstarter at the same time, very eager to back both!

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:09 pm

Yeah, you don't see often run n' gun games, and this one look like it can be really good.
You have time though, the game won't disappear, I just hope they'll get funded because they really did some good stuff.
I'm sure Auston would be interested in the AI department of the game for example =3
And also, they're is more pixels in there that the majority of "oldschool" indie games recently, it's time to get out of the 8-bit era and start tickling the 16-bit one =D
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Damn you Trypetide. Trying to save my money, but that early bird tier just looked too inviting.
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:30 pm

I sadly don't have the cash for any more kickstarters this month. :( I hope they're funded though because this looks incredibly awesome!
Cyangmou
Newcomer

Postby Cyangmou » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:26 am

Hey Starr Mazers,

I am Cyangmou and the artist for Tower 57. I found this post via google and thought I'd sign up.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask =)

@Trypetide:
Thanks for posting here

@Serbirus
As Benitosub started on the prototype he called it: modern game merges with Chaos Engine and Alien Breed and a few more influences also came in since then.

@von_ozbourne
Thanks for backing, you are awesome =D

@Ezraen
Well the campaign will last for the whole month, but also by just spreading the word you can help a great deal.
SOcial media, Twitter, everything is fine, our biggest problem is simply to reach enough people.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:31 am

Oh my gosh! It's an honor for somebody like you figuring out about Starr Mazer and the community, thank you! Truly, your game looks amazing, and if I get some money to back it you can be sure I will, the game looks absolutely stunning! Welcome to Starr Mazer! :)

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Cyangmou
Newcomer

Postby Cyangmou » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Oh I know Starr Mazer since quite a while.

The Kickstarter Trailer was among the best in the pixel club.
Then I started following Neo, as she started working on Starrmazer, since at that time she signed up at - a forum where I am mod and doing a bit for the pixel art community.

The next occassion as I stumbled over StarrMazer was with CrossCode. There was some cross-promo stuff going on and it happens that "Lachsen", the main Dev on Crosscode was working some years before Crosscode on his own RPG and I visited the same forum where he posted the Demo for that game.

And a few of my friends who are either really in shmups or adventures of course mentioned it to me.

So there have been quite a few occassions when I already stumbled over StarrMazer - it's a cool game and I guess it already found it's fans =)

Thanks for the warm welcome

oh and might it be possible to edit in the traile rat the top of the opening post?
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:31 pm

"Si tôt dis, si tôt fait" =D

Really happy to see you there, Thomas!!
I didn't even think it would happen, to see you coming in there and answering a little topic in our little forums XD !!

You are STARR MAZING~

I'm trying to see with Kazuo Mayeda (our own Ninja social networker & CM) if we can arrange a meeting with the Imagos crew,
during one of our SMTV shows over Twitch, you know, discussing and all. I would prefer it for once to be on TeamSpeak, but Skype is usually used for that.
And maybe meeting you too during Gamescon ?!

I don't know, I'll see with Kazuo, we need to get you in contact with each other =D

We can do some publicity for the Kickstarter during these SMTV live if they agree~

Really eager to see how your project will be and mostly how well the Kickstarter campaign will be =3
Cyangmou
Newcomer

Postby Cyangmou » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:19 pm

I am currently in advertisment mode, wrtiting a lot of answers and keeping up with all the topics.
Signing up somewhere to leave a line isn't that much work.

thanks

I have Skype and Teamspeak, but used teamspeak just a couple of times actually, so I am not really familiar anymore with it's handling. Shouldn't be to hard though to get back into it.

I am also not at Gamescon this year sadly, I had my hands full with working on the KS-campaign and actually had to decide if it's either the Campaign or the Gamescon. Campaign won.

Regarding contact, just drop me a pm here weven better - contact me via twitter (followed @starrmazer, follow back drop a pm)

A lot for the project actually depends on the outcome of the campaign.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Return to “%s” SHMUPS