Your favorite PNC ?

Do you like Sierra games or Lucas Arts games? What's your favorite PNC?
Kazuo
Crew member

Your favorite PNC ?

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:59 pm

I personally have only played through the entirety of two of them, The Dig and Machinarium. I guess my favorite so far would be Machinarium. What is yours?

(Tryp: "Edited" X3 )
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Re: You're favorite PNC?

Postby Ezraen » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Your* :P

Also, It's a toss up between the original Gabriel Knight (the sequels were pretty neat too), and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis for me.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Re: Your favorite PNC ?

Postby Serbirus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:03 pm

Personally, I've only playes Sam & Max, Secret of Monkey Island, and Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis. (Haven't beating either yet.) But I'd say Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis. LucasArts perfected point and click games, and Fate of Atlantis basically shows how well they've evolved the genre!

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
rex705
Veteran

Postby rex705 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Back in the day I had a adventure game craze so I went out and bought every adventure game I could find. Out of the pile of games I have played and finished a handful of them.

The game that started it all was a very popular game called The longest journey and then the sequel Dreamfall the longest journey. They have awesome story and characters that take you on an adventure across worlds. I was excited to hear of a 3rd game but after years of waiting it never came and I was sad. So when I saw the Kickstarter for Dreamfall Chapters the 3rd game of the series I jumped right on it.

Next I played Syberia a very steam punk kind of story about this chick trying to find the owner of some company to do whatever and she ends up on this steam punk train going to crazy places. I started the 2nd game but never finished it so I'll have to go back some day.

Overclocked: A History of Violence was about a doctor trying to find out what happened to a group of teens found wandering around confused. The way the story plays out was really cool as you question the kids you go into flash backs of events from the eyes of the kids and get bits of story to piece together. It was pretty cool.

Just recently I played Primordia a very cool game about robots in a dying world. The story was very good and the gameplay had some cool features like more than one way to solve a puzzle and your little sidekick that gives some hints if you ask him.

You can find all of these games on Steam so go check them out. I suggest looking at the indie team Wadjet eye and The adventure company for some really awesome games.

"The images they sell are Illusion and Dream In other words dishonesty"
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm

By a league and without question, The Curse of Monkey Island

If that intro isn't enough to tell you why, let me elucidate you as best as I possibly can. While I can safely recommend most of the Monkey Island titles (It has reverse star trek movies law, all the odd monkey islands are good, the evens not as much, though 4 is better than 2), Curse (part 3) is by far my favorite. The humor, the puzzles, and yes - even the story are at the best the series has ever been at. Just LISTENING to that title sequence music sends chills up my body.

The puzzles never got me too stuck, never felt like it was over my head, and yet it always kept my interest, never felt too easy.

And oh god, the writing is superb. Just ask Murray, the evil and demonic skull...

Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Monkey Island was the first game that made me genuinely laugh out loud when I played it.

It was a masterpiece. 2 and 3 was very good too, but the quality started to drop off after 3. I couldn't bare 4, and the Telltale Tales of Monkey Island felt a bit... I don't know how to explain it, but it was disappointing.
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:53 pm

I didn't like 4 either, but I REALLY liked the telltale game quite a bit, its the weakest of the odd titles, sure, 3 and 1 handily decimate it, but it's still good. I also like it better than 4 or 2 >.>
WoodrowShigeru
Newcomer

Postby WoodrowShigeru » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:34 pm

My favorite is Monkey Island 2. I was very young when both, 1 (on Amiga) and 2 (on PC) were available to me and MI2 always felt superior to me in comparison.

Further favorites are Sam'n'Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Loom, Full Throttle and the more recent Machinarium. They all felt unique in their own way, despite mostly coming from the same company. Oh yeah, the Leisure Suit Larry series was also quite memorable – though I don't like PnC games where you can die (or, I didn't at the time).
-[ Woodrow ]-
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:36 am

Also, I'd like to inform everyone that if you ARE looking for more point and click goodness to go with your Starr Mazer sandwich, there's a Kickstarter for an oldschool PNC titled "Foxtail."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1988474932/foxtail
"Inspired by games of yesterday, Foxtail draws from such classics as Legend of Kryandia, King’s Quest and Monkey Island. True to the point n’ click genre, Foxtail is a wonderfully animated pixel adventure, with a deep personal story, and challenging puzzles."

Looks like Starr Mazer might have some competition, eh? ;)

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:16 am

Return to “%s” Point-and-Click