Full Screen bug

Encounter a bug? Drop us a screenshot and tell us about it?
Jamesac68
Newcomer

Full Screen bug

Postby Jamesac68 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Hitting Alt/Enter to go full-screen can have a couple of interesting effects. Doing it on the title gets a status bar just a few inches below the top of the screen, and while enemies can fly below it I can't. Also, while you can fly to the right enemies only appear near the left of the screen and firepower also stops at the edge of where enemies appear. Basically, it's like the game thinks the resolution hasn't changed except for being fullscreen. The effects are a little different if you do alt/enter once the game starts, but you still end up trapped at the upper-left of the play field after the first death.

MazerBug.gif
MazerBug.gif (203.07 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
Kazuo
Crew member

Re: Full Screen bug

Postby Kazuo » Thu May 19, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks for the post Jamesac68!

Full screen implementation is a feature we are currently working on now. Due to the time constraints of getting a polished demo ready for April's IndieBox, the dev team did not feel full screen was priority.

It has been the most requested feature after we launched the demo and we are currently working on a patch.

Thanks again for the report!

Kaz
Jamesac68
Newcomer

Postby Jamesac68 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Thanks for the follow-up. I saw the videos of the game running full-screen at PAX East (sorry I didn't have time to stop by and say Hi, by the way. I tried but got overwhelmed by the sheer madness of too many things all at once.) and didn't realize it was still a work in progress.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon May 23, 2016 10:33 am

Hey Jamesac68. At PAX East we had to cheat a little bit to make it full screen. The TV had a zoom feature that we could use to crop out the rest of the desktop and leave the game window. It worked out pretty well.

We are currently testing out a new version that features full screen but it has a few bugs in it. Once it is up and ready to replace the current build on the Indiebox page we'll tweet/facebook it out!

Return to “%s” Bugs