An update on where I've been lately.

General off-topic discussions
Adam
Site Admin

An update on where I've been lately.

Postby Adam » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:49 am

Hey everybody! I popped in on SMTV the other day for a quick stop and promised to give an update on my recent absence, here it goes...

For the last few months I haven't been as active as my late usual, I have been working on my game trying to get ready for our Kickstarter. In late October we made the decision to get our Kickstarter up in time to launch in the New Year! We were making some decent progress and experienced some massive data loss. About 2 months worth of work lost to a hard drive failure and my cloud services auto-updating while said hard drive was failing. Luckily, we had a backup from two months prior... (I know, I'm kind of an idiot for not keeping more backups than just my cloud. I'm an even bigger idiot for not backing up more frequently.)

Fast forward to mid-last month, when I completely dropped off the face of the earth.

A month ago today, my mother was taken into ICU for some complications she was having. Without going too in depth on everything, on the 24th she was diagnosed with small cell lung carcinoma in her lungs, her liver and on her spine. The next day we found out it was terminal. I've been a completely different version of myself since finding out. She is doing chemotherapy and radiation treatments to prolong her life, we are hoping that she will make it to Christmas.

I woke up this morning to a call that she is back in the hospital here in Portland and I'm on my way there to see her as soon as I hit submit. The tumors on her spine aren't reacting to the chemo and she is more than likely having them surgically removed in the next couple days.

I mentioned during SMTV that you are another family to me, and it's true. I love you all and I can't wait to be back and chatting soon. I've missed so much!

<3,
Adam (Fuzziskii)
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Re: An update on where I've been lately.

Postby Ezraen » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:59 am

I'm so sorry to hear that, Adam. :( My thoughts go out to you and your mother. I hope the surgery goes well.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:05 am

Adam,

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that everything works out for you and your family.

Stay strong my friend.
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:07 am

Sorry for my lateness, but same as everyone (and I'm particularly touched by it, some friends of mine are still fighting against theirs with chemo).
All the love and thoughts for your mother, family & you.

Return to “%s” Off-Topic