Shenmue III on kickstarter

General off-topic discussions
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Re: Shenmue III on kickstarter

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 pm

That, but also little tiers between the existing one, and because they didn't thought about their tiers before hand, letting people pledge more with optional Add-ons, like for Starr Mazer...
That would let a majority of the "$29" backers to up their pledges in an heartbeat. But HEY... IT'S NOT AS IF IT WASN'T TOLD ON THE COMMENTS SINCE DAY ONE !! ( ¬_¬)
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 pm

$29 for the base game. I could see a $39 tier that tacks on DLC that would probably move too.
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:41 pm

If I could back it with my $50 amazon giftcard I got for my birthday it'd be a done deal, but due to my financial situation I don't have a credit card to use with kickstarter sadly. T-T
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:01 am

I can create a new account just for you and pledge for you pal?
Fin a way to send me your money, and I'll back for you =O
(17 days to think this over~)
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Bit late to the discussion, but the Kickstarter is wrapping up as of posting, so it can still apply if you're thinking about it.
In case you were wondering, the crowd funding angle was done so that Yu Suzuki could make the game. Sega's involvement is basically just allowing him to use the IP which they technically owned. And Sony's involvement is pretty much just distribution, marketing and the costs involved after the game is made. Granted they get a console exclusive out of it, but hey beats having a huge chunk of that money being diverted from making a better game into having to self publish too. The misconception that Sony is backing the game and using Kickstarter to mitigate the financial risk is unfortunate because I think it's actually hurt their campaign [despite the large sum of cash raised]. And as mentioned, the very "Japanese" manner in which the updates, fan interaction and information has been handled, isn't really helping them. [Although maybe Starr Mazer's backer interaction has spoiled me since I think everyone else is doing it wrong now]
Never got to play the originals having shunned the Dreamcast at the time for Sega's poor handling of the system. And unfortunately the re-seller market is exploding with people trying to cash in on the hype and the prices are getting jacked. Don't normally like it, but might have to resort to emulation. Unless of course an HD collection gets released. Here's hoping.
Anyway, I managed to find some cash to back it. And if you're on the fence, you may want to check out one of the youtube vids by this superfan here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSKxHv4NWkk
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:59 am

laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:00 pm

I'm just glad we have shenmue 3 at all, honestly
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:54 am

We "should" have it, if everything goes right ;D
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:24 am

I'm hoping for a full trilogy release with the first two on a platform I can play. I'd love to play all of them instead of just the last leg.
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Return to “%s” Off-Topic