Are you a collector of cool things?

General off-topic discussions
rex705
Veteran

Are you a collector of cool things?

Postby rex705 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Are any of you guys collectors? I like to collect a few things like figures and models. I don't have any crazy rooms full of awesome stuff like the hardcore collectors but how about you guys what do you have?

Check out a part of my collection.
Last edited by rex705 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The images they sell are Illusion and Dream In other words dishonesty"
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Re: Are you a collector of cool things?

Postby von_ozbourne » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Huh. I've collected several things over the years. Some I've luckily lost interest in or I'd be homeless by now, but the current interests include Transformers (mostly the Masterpiece line now), vintage video games and game related stuff and LEGO.
Used to be more into warplanes and cars and hockey figures and McFarlane figs that are not Spawn and a few one-off bobs and bits that don't fit into my usual genres but were kind of neat, but mostly that stuff got boxed up a long time ago because I didn't have the shelf space for it all, and either left in the basement or occasionally sold off.
...come to think of it, I think I still have a small arsenal of Nerf stuff in the storage room.
And sadly I'm currently staring at my 1:6 scale Kaneda's bike that I don't have room to display out of the box.
Yes I've accumulated a lot of stuff over a lot of years.
Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:35 pm

I USED to be quite an avid LEGO fan myself, but I've kinda left that behind and collected retro games. I only about.... 200-250 total video games, but trying to have a decent collection for all 12 game consoles I own. (Plus the 7 portable consoles I have aswell.) Either way, I'm still proud of what I've evolved from over the years, and I plan to keep collecting more as time goes on. :)

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:02 pm

I have quite a few collections, toys, comics, books, movies/tv shows/anime, videogames... the list goes on and on. Because I semi recently posted it elsewhere, here's some pictures of my megaman collection (in spoiler tag - this will be very image heavy)

Classic MM Games:

Megaman X Games

Megaman Zero Games:

Battle Network Series:

ZX Series:

Legends Series:

Miscellaneous/Memorabilia:

...aaand lastly for luls, stuff I made myself - mainly these are comics I made when I was a kid, but also a password guide I made for myself:

Serbirus
Starr Mod

Postby Serbirus » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Wow Laserkid, that's a VERY impressive collection of Mega Man memorabilia! I'm quite jealous of the MM7, X2, and X3 cartridges you own, as I've been wanting them for quite a long time...

"Give me the Starr Mazer alpha or die!"
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:55 am

Were you drunk when taking the pics ;D

Also, everyone is kind of happy smiling in Laserkid's world XD

Well you're "mostly" a dedicated fan of Rockman apparently, just... You can't truly be one if you don't have the $150 helmet ;D
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:06 pm

The pictures were taken around 2012 or so, on an older camera. I might have to take better pictures sometime plus this doesn't have the zero collection on I since got.

as for 7 and X2, I lucked out and got them new, when they were new as birthday or christmas presents. X3 I got used around 1999 or so from funcoland.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Holy Cow! Sweet blades Rex! And Laserkid, That Mega Man collection! I'll have to let Don know about your post!

When I was younger I collected coins and stuffed animals. I used to collect PS1 games through college. Even built up a sizable collection. Then something snapped in me and I didn't want to collect physical items anymore, so I sold them all on Amazon. Ended up making about 3k off of them.
natalyhiggins
Newcomer

Postby natalyhiggins » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:36 am

I collect old coins I started collecting since I was a child and first it was modern money, and till the time I entered college I had a few rare coins of 1871 and 1799 year, and have a few USSR coins also, I was showing my collection when presented and my professor said the whole collection will cost a good money, so maybe some day i'll sell it and found new hobby.:P
Rickdawg51
Newcomer

Postby Rickdawg51 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:48 am

Whoops I didn't realize there was a general section to post! I am a huge NES fan and have every NTSC cart except stadium events along with a lot of unlicesed and PAL goodies. https://nesgames.shutterfly.com/pictures

Return to “%s” Off-Topic