Turns out that "Woolfe: Red Hood Diaries" actually released.

General off-topic discussions
Clovis15
Veteran

Turns out that "Woolfe: Red Hood Diaries" actually released.

Postby Clovis15 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:51 pm

Remember the Kickstarter Project that Don ranted about during the most recent episode of Starr Mazer TV? Well, here it is!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281940/

Not that this forgives the developer for failing to send out a single one of his backer's rewards, but I was shocked to discover that he actually did release his 3D game (and reviews would suggest it wasn't exactly all that great either, which I guess was to be expected).

Don is still right that the man was fiscally irresponsible with the money entrusted to him, but at the time you would have thought no game ever materialized with the rant given. I'm only posting this because I figure it deserves to be shown on the record that the game actually did ship, but that still doesn't make up for all the backers that got shafted on their rewards (especially those from higher tiers). I don't blame Don - really - the last thing you'd normally think to do is read the Kickstarter page of a developer claiming it's over because he no longer has funds, especially when you're in a hurry to both build Starr Mazer and run an awesome company (all in a 100% fiscally responsible way, no less).
Clovis15
Veteran

Re: Turns out that "Woolfe: Red Hood Diaries" actually released.

Postby Clovis15 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:09 pm

BRITISH ACCENT: "In order to get our game shipped we utilized state of the art cost-cutting measures, these included: screwing over all of our backers, followed by filing for Bankruptcy."
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:38 pm

That actually makes it feel even more dirty to me.

The guy is saying he doesn't have any money to send out the rewards, the rewards that are already made (according to him), but here he is. Selling his game. It's fucked up.
rex705
Veteran

Postby rex705 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:59 pm

I knew of the kickstarter and knew it came out on steam it's even in my wishlist but I did not know of the backstabbing. After hearing about this I am glad I didn't back the kickstarter. I don't feel sorry for backers that get ripped off on things that are very clearly a scam from the start but getting ripped on a legit thing sucks.

I backed a visual novel game called Dysfunctional Systems because visual novels games are cool and episode 1 was already out and looked great. The kickstarter made it's goal but a short time later we got the e-mail saying the game was canceled. The Dev explained the team didn't have experience and overspent the money and rushed to meet deadlines resulting in the end product not being very good. The team broke up and ran away leaving the poor dev on his own to deal with the angry fans. He said he would try to refund the backers but the money was to come out of his own pocket and of course everyone wanted a refund so he vanished to cry under a rock. No one ever got a refund.

"The images they sell are Illusion and Dream In other words dishonesty"
Ezraen
True Mazer!

Postby Ezraen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Return to “%s” Off-Topic