Help a Don Thacker out with HUCard jewel cases

General off-topic discussions
laserkid
Starr Mod

Help a Don Thacker out with HUCard jewel cases

Postby laserkid » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:03 pm

So I've made it my mission to help Don with this one! XD

For those who missed the stream, Don still has games and manuals for his turbographix 16 games but somehow the jewelcase with hucard holders are gone.

I've been looking for solutions, best so far is http://seymoronion.com/Custom_Game_Cases/TG16_Chip.html which is developing jewelcase inserts to hold hucards but it looks like its not for sale...yet

I will keep looking but if anyone else has any idea to help feel free to post.
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Re: Help a Don Thacker out with HUCard jewel cases

Postby von_ozbourne » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:41 pm

Heh. Funny I saw a video a while back referencing that site. If they can get that going it wold certainly be better than the other option I've seen people actually suggest. [buying a stack of empty cd cases and just breaking the cd holding tabs off. ew.]
Have to keep an eye out for this one.
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:05 pm

Oh man guys, I was just at the office and Don showed me a spreadsheet he's been working on. He indexed his entire hucards collection. Which ones have manuals and jewel cases and which ones are missing.
laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Man, I feel so much for him about this - I mean, when my youngest dog (who is a big sweetie but dogs are dogs) snuck into my room and managed to chew up a bunch of snes and N64 game boxes, my heart sank so bad - I was able to replace a bunch of it with universal game cases, and while its better than nothing, it's not the same thing.

Really wish someone would go into business reproducing retro game boxes.
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:48 am

Oh man. I feel his pain. I have the same spreadsheet for my collection, until one day I noticed that I am missing a handful of NES games and all of my N64 games. Marking all those games in red was so disappointing. The worst part is, I think they are at my brother's house, but his basement recently flooded...
Already lost a $1500 drum kit and a few hundred dollars worth of figures I was trying to sell, [he didn't claim it on insurance because... reasons]
The money would have been nice, but I am more disappointed about the missing games.

Return to “%s” Off-Topic