Undertale

General off-topic discussions
NSman
Newcomer

Undertale

Postby NSman » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Indie game came out today, it reminded me a bit of Earthbound so I picked it up on a whim and played it for almost 5 hours straight. Couldn't put it down. I think this is probably the best use of choice and consequence I've ever seen in a game and the writing is excellent, I really love it. If you have the opportunity, please try the demo. I really want to share this experience with other people since it's so unique. Having now finished it...oh man, wow. As fans of games with great narrative and shmups there is no way you guys won't love this. Please play it.

The demo is free, so if you've got a half hour, it won't hurt to try:
http://undertale.com/demo.htm

Trailer:

This game affected me strongly, so I'm gonna geek out for a moment and aggregate a few reviews from other people down here, if you want to read them:

"Undertale provided me with many hours of laughter, happiness, and warm, fuzzy feelings, all the while surprising me with some truly sad and shocking moments out of the blue. It's the kind of game that I'll want to replay many times in order to see how all of the various choices play out, and I'm sure I will remember it fondly for years to come. I hope everyone else can find as much joy from playing Undertale as I have!" -Ben Davis

"Actually, you should stop reading after this bit: Undertale is very, very good. Mostly." -Jack De Quidt

"Undertale is one of the best roleplaying games I’ve ever played, and I do not say that lightly. Hyperbolic though the statement may seem, this eccentric adventure is truly remarkable, both for its standardized elements and the unique ways in which it toys with player expectations." -Jim Sterling

"so many people are tel me undertale is their favorite game ever or favorite game of (long period of time) and i think thats... super duper" -Toby Fox, creator of Undertale

NSman
Newcomer

Re: Undertale

Postby NSman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:32 am

Undertale is now the #1 game on Metacritic (for the moment, obviously):

Also, open offer to Mazers. If you want to play this game but can't afford it, send me a message on steam and I'll send you a copy. (so long as I'm still riding this hype train) ;)
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 am

Man, Auston Montville can't stop talking about this game. Is it really that good? I've been hearing reports that it hits you right in the feels.
NSman
Newcomer

Postby NSman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Yeah its really that good. You should definitely try it. Don't read spoilers or reviews though, blind runs are the best. ;)
Kazuo
Crew member

Postby Kazuo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:45 am

I'll definitely have to! Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “%s” Off-Topic