Ezraen
True Mazer!

Re: Who likes anime?!

Postby Ezraen » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:39 am

laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:47 am

I have also heard a lot of good things about Tokyo Ghoul and am curious about it, but me being me, am waiting for a dub of it.

Currently watching the toonami lineup every week (currently DBZ Kai, Kill la Kill, Michiko and Hatchin, SAO II, and Naruto Shippuden (it goes on to air one piece which I own ahead of whats airing and a re airing of attack on titan which I watched the first go round and liked a lot, but don't feel a re watch is necessary)), Sailor Moon as its being re released by viz, currently halfway through R, waiting for the next half to be released (but damn, the last episode on Sailor Moon R part 1 was just fantastic), and I've been watching One Piece as the DVDs release, just starting the Sabaody Archipelago arc right now, and hot damn this may be my new favorite arc (Water 7/Enies Lobby has been my second favorite for a while, but my favorites been Alabasta for a long time), and on an irregular basis catching up with Fairy Tail which I adore, but got behind on releases, so I watch whats new on funimations video service, to which I subscribe.
Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:10 am

I just finished recently "Zenkyou no TERROR" (Terror in Resonance).

Two persons steal an experimental weapon from a Japanese facility. Only one thing is left, painted on the ground: VON.
Some days later, a Youtube video announces that the next day, at 3 PM, Tokyo will be enveloped in darkness.
The next day, 3 PM, an electric blackout occurred in the center of Tokyo: a big explosion can be heard.

This series was short; some things would have largely make it one of the best series of the last two decades if done better.
But there was also a good amount of reaaaally good moments action wise, direction wise, and mostly ambient wise.
The first episode is still one of the best I saw in a while. The music is fantastic too.
One of the best work Yoko Kanno did these last years. "Cool" opening theme (visually), and the ending is marvelous~

It wasn't the best, could have been on of them, but still really great in the big lines. Really worth checking.
And check the soundtracks too. That's an order.

------------

Another one, Gingitsune.

Also a short one. It's... Great?
I mean, it's really well done for a slice of life, just missing a bit a depth in terms of characters or settings, but I bet another season will come soon enough.
Gintarou -the Fox kami of the shrine where the story takes place- is really interesting, not too much caricatural, and for once kind of an affectionate kind,
not just the typical Yokai or Powerful Spirit. His only power is to communicate with the Gods and deliver a more or less precise vision of the future. Heh =D!
Well, don't expect this series to be as deep as a "Mushishi" or a "Natsume Yuujinchou", more like a "Kamichu!" with less fantastic of course.
von_ozbourne
Starr Mod

Postby von_ozbourne » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Trypetide
Starr Mod

Postby Trypetide » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:08 am

You don't have this Rockman helmet, can't be you =D
And frankly, seeing what they experimented in their past life before this,
I doubt you'll be one of these two ;3
ashlybranna
Newcomer

Postby ashlybranna » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 am

laserkid
Starr Mod

Postby laserkid » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:16 pm

I really liked the original Ushio and Tora - I have high hopes for the new one.

Return to “%s” Off-Topic